The ramblings of a spanko (Top) in a vanilla marriage

Monday, December 26, 2005

I have a real problem with Egos'

I have a real problem with Egos'. They tend to get under my skin, my craw, aggrievate the hell out of me. Don't mistake me here, confidence is an ok thing, even a good thing, but these mindless fools who rattle on just to impress people really piss me off. Stating the obvious, in a sophisticated way reminds me of a saying that was my grandpas favorite.."poultry poop is just a fancy way of saying chickenshit"

Confidence is not having an ego, you don't need to impress people with what you know.

Not wanting to upset people at the site my other blog is, I write that here. A few have written the meaning of a true Dom/top type articles. Of course there were plenty of Oooohs and aaaahs, comments to feed the Ego even more. "profound!!! a must read!! etc.

Now I ask myself why does this bother me so, am I jealous? Do I wish I had written them? But I always remember, I never have handled egos well, as a matter of fact I have gone out of my way to cut them down to size. I never needed to spout off to show off, I have always been confident, not arrogent, just confident.

I guess what really pisses me off about this, is, they are planting unrealistic ideas into Subs/bottoms heads, about what a Dom/top should be. Each and every Dom/sub relationship is different. They have to be cultured, nutured, given time they will evolve into the relationship both are seeking.

While I agree with the points made, they are second nature and shouldn't have to be made. Like the little girl telling the emperor he is naked...no great genius, just common sense.

Anyways, I would enjoy comments
SOS

2 Comments:

Blogger fellahere said...

I don't think you want to be a blowhard, just be yourself.

I can read people extremely fast when they are total dipshits. Another category is - decide later, you never know.

Now, you are talking to a beautiful spirit, and they get into the van with the total dipshits.

Bugs me.

You just gotta be your own damn self.

10:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post. What I find in all areas of life, is generally the more someone really knows about something, the less they need positive reinforcement from others. In other words, confidence... imo, isn't the same as spouting off ;)

1:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home