The ramblings of a spanko (Top) in a vanilla marriage

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Explanation I promised on the word Master

I was hoping to get some readers or maybe even a comment or two, but I hope that will come, can't wait until that happens, have to get stuff down while it's fresh in my mind.
In earlier post I have stated I don't call myself a Master and didn't want to piss people off by telling them why. Well I've formulated my answer and it is many fold so here goes.
Reasons for not calling myself Master

1] I've met and seen many so called Masters', both online and in person, that the handle "asshole" would fit better.

2] Master is a term of respect. Respect is earned, not given because of a name.

The net has done many wonderful things to this life, but along with the good comes the bad. Too many have used the life and term Master to bolster thier macho image. I've always felt that a false bravado usually covers a personaliy of an asshole. A true Master is confident in who they are, it shows in the way the conduct themselves.

I am about respect. Respect is earned, but by the same token, disrespect is also earned. I disrespect noone, no matter who or what thier station in life is, until that person has shown me otherwise. If they earn my disrespect and contempt, I shall treat them accordingly. If a slave wishes to be reguarded as such, I will treat them as such, as to thier wishes.

Online, I have never met alot of the people I chat with or converse with. For a slave or sub to call me Master, without meeting me, isn't something that sets well with me. Having never met someone, how can you tell, give that kind of respect? To me it just makes a mockery of the life. I mean really, I could be a 10 year old playing on my parents computer. To me, until we know each other better, SIr is a perfectly good greeting. It shows respect, but doesn't over do it. Once we've become better aquainted, if they choose to call me Master, that is acceptable.

I met a slave online recently and she couldn't understand why I didn't want her to call me Master. After we had met, I told her and then she started calling me Master.

I guess to make a long story, short. All of you subs and slaves who have ever placed an ad seeking a Master know what I mean. After getting hundreds of one line emails, and orders from Men you have never met, doesn't it seem like some kind of a joke? All the wanna-bes looking for kinky sex really have no clue as to what this life is all about. Would you place your life and decision making in the hands of these "Masters"?..............
I would hope not, so that is my explanation folks, hope I made it clear enough if anyone ever reads this.
SOS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home